NAICS Code 314910-07 - Quilts (Manufacturing)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 314910-07 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 314910-07
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Quilts (Manufacturing) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Quilting hoop
- Quilting needles
- Fabric marker
- Seam ripper
- Quilting templates
- Quilting rulers
- Quilting gloves
- Quilting frame
Industry Examples of Quilts (Manufacturing)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 314910-07, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Patchwork quilts
- Applique quilts
- Amish quilts
- Baby quilts
- Bed quilts
- Memory quilts
- Art quilts
- Crazy quilts
- Hawaiian quilts
- Modern quilts
- Traditional quilts
- Quilted jackets
- Quilted bags
- Quilted wall hangings
- Quilted table runners
- Quilted placemats
- Quilted coasters
- Quilted pot holders
- Quilted pillows
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 314910-07 - Quilts (Manufacturing)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100: This certification ensures that the textiles used in the manufacturing process are free from harmful substances. It is provided by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology (Oeko-Tex).
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS): This certification ensures that the textiles used in the manufacturing process are made from organic fibers and meet environmental and social criteria. It is provided by the Global Organic Textile Standard International Working Group.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certification: This certification ensures that the wood used in the manufacturing process comes from responsibly managed forests. It is provided by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification: This certification ensures that the manufacturing process meets quality management standards. It is provided by the International Organization for Standardization.
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Certification: This certification ensures that the manufacturing process meets environmental management standards. It is provided by the International Organization for Standardization.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 314910-07 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- Quilting has been a popular craft for centuries, with evidence of quilted items dating back to ancient Egypt. However, the industrial manufacturing of quilts began in the United States in the late 19th century. The first quilt factory was established in 1880 in Massachusetts, and by the early 20th century, quilts were being mass-produced in factories across the country. In the mid-20th century, the popularity of quilting declined as cheaper, mass-produced bedding options became available. However, in recent years, there has been a resurgence of interest in quilting, with many people taking up the craft as a hobby or starting their own quilting businesses. This has led to a growth in the quilting industry, with new technologies and materials being developed to make the process faster and more efficient. Recent history of the quilting industry in the United States has been marked by a shift towards more sustainable and eco-friendly practices. Many quilt manufacturers are now using organic and recycled materials, as well as implementing energy-efficient production methods. Additionally, there has been a trend towards more personalized and unique quilts, with many consumers seeking out handmade or custom-designed pieces. The rise of e-commerce has also made it easier for small quilting businesses to reach a wider audience, leading to a more diverse and competitive market. Overall, the quilting industry in the United States is experiencing a period of growth and innovation, with a focus on sustainability and individuality.
Future Outlook for Quilts (Manufacturing)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 314910-07 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Quilts (Manufacturing) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow at a steady pace due to the increasing demand for quilts from the residential and commercial sectors. The rise in disposable income and the growing trend of home decor are some of the factors that are driving the demand for quilts. Additionally, the industry is expected to benefit from the increasing popularity of e-commerce platforms, which are making it easier for manufacturers to reach a wider customer base. However, the industry may face challenges due to the rising competition from low-cost imports and the increasing cost of raw materials. Overall, the industry is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, driven by the increasing demand for high-quality and unique quilts.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 314910-07
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Quilts (Manufacturing) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Quilts: These are quilts that are equipped with sensors and can monitor the user's sleep patterns, body temperature, and other vital signs. They can also adjust the temperature and lighting in the room to create the perfect sleeping environment.
- Sustainable Quilts: These are quilts that are made from eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton, bamboo, and recycled polyester. They are designed to reduce the environmental impact of the manufacturing process and appeal to consumers who are environmentally conscious.
- Customized Quilts: These are quilts that are made to order and can be customized to meet the specific needs and preferences of the customer. They can be personalized with names, photos, and other designs to create a unique and one-of-a-kind product.
- Quilts with Smart Fabrics: These are quilts that are made with fabrics that can change color, texture, or pattern in response to changes in the environment or the user's body temperature. They can also be programmed to display images or messages.
- Quilts with Health Benefits: These are quilts that are infused with natural materials such as lavender, chamomile, or eucalyptus, which are known for their calming and soothing properties. They can help users relax and sleep better.
NAICS Code 314910-07 - Quilts (Manufacturing)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.