NAICS Code 238210-33 - Refrigeration ContractorsMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 238210-33 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 238210-33
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Refrigeration Contractors industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Refrigerant recovery machine
- Vacuum pump
- Leak detector
- Manifold gauge set
- Pipe cutter
- Flaring tool
- Tube bender
- Torque wrench
- Pressure gauge
- Screwdriver set
- Wire stripper
- Hole saw
- Pipe wrench
- Adjustable wrench
Industry Examples of Refrigeration Contractors
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 238210-33, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Commercial refrigeration systems
- Industrial refrigeration systems
- Refrigerated warehouses
- Refrigerated trucks
- Walk-in coolers
- Walk-in freezers
- Ice machines
- Beverage dispensers
- Refrigerated display cases
- Refrigerated storage containers
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 238210-33 - Refrigeration Contractors
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification: This certification is required for any person who maintains, services, repairs, or disposes of appliances that contain regulated refrigerants. The certification is provided by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- NATE Certification: North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification is a voluntary certification program for HVAC and refrigeration technicians. It is the largest non-profit certification organization for HVAC and refrigeration technicians in the US.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Training: This training program is designed to provide workers with an overview of safety and health hazards on construction sites. It is provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- ASHRAE Certification: The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) offers a variety of certifications for professionals in the HVAC and refrigeration industry. These certifications include the Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP), Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP), and High-Performance Building Design Professional (HBDP).
- RSES Certification: The Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) offers a variety of certifications for HVAC and refrigeration technicians. These certifications include the Certificate Member (CM), Certificate Member Specialist (CMS), and Certificate Member Master Specialist (CMMS).
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 238210-33 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The refrigeration industry has a long and fascinating history, dating back to the 18th century when William Cullen, a Scottish physician, first demonstrated artificial refrigeration. In the 19th century, refrigeration technology advanced rapidly, with the invention of the first ice-making machine in 1854 and the first refrigerated rail car in 1867. The 20th century saw even more significant advancements, including the development of the first home refrigerators in the 1920s and the widespread use of air conditioning in the 1950s. In recent years, the refrigeration industry has continued to evolve, with a focus on energy efficiency and sustainability. In the United States, the industry has seen a shift towards natural refrigerants, such as carbon dioxide and ammonia, which have a lower environmental impact than traditional refrigerants like hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
Future Outlook for Refrigeration Contractors
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 238210-33 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Refrigeration Contractors industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for refrigeration systems in various sectors such as healthcare, food and beverage, and pharmaceuticals. The growth of the construction industry is also expected to drive the demand for refrigeration contractors. Additionally, the increasing focus on energy-efficient and eco-friendly refrigeration systems is expected to create new opportunities for the industry. However, the industry may face challenges such as rising competition and the shortage of skilled labor.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 238210-33
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Refrigeration Contractors industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Refrigeration Systems: Refrigeration contractors are increasingly using smart refrigeration systems that use sensors and automation to optimize energy consumption and reduce waste.
- Green Refrigeration Systems: The industry is also focusing on developing eco-friendly refrigeration systems that use natural refrigerants and have a lower carbon footprint.
- Mobile Refrigeration Units: Refrigeration contractors are developing mobile refrigeration units that can be used for transportation and storage of perishable goods.
- Remote Monitoring Systems: The industry is also using remote monitoring systems that allow contractors to monitor and control refrigeration systems from a remote location, reducing the need for on-site visits.
- Energy-Efficient Retrofits: Refrigeration contractors are retrofitting existing refrigeration systems to make them more energy-efficient, reducing energy costs and carbon emissions.
NAICS Code 238210-33 - Refrigeration Contractors
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.