NAICS Code 237310-02 - Contractors-Parking/Highway ImprovementMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 237310-02 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 237310-02
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Asphalt paver
- Concrete mixer
- Roller compactor
- Trowel machine
- Concrete saw
- Surveying equipment
- Traffic cones
- Safety vests
- Hard hats
- Safety glasses
- Power drills
Industry Examples of Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 237310-02, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Parking lot construction
- Highway resurfacing
- Road widening
- Bridge repair
- Installation of guardrails
- Construction of medians
- Installation of traffic signals
- Roadway drainage improvements
- Installation of street lighting
- Construction of bike lanes
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 237310-02 - Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certification: This certification is required for all construction workers and supervisors in the US. It covers safety and health hazards in the construction industry. The certification is provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- National Institute for Certification In Engineering Technologies (NICET): This certification is for engineering technicians in the highway construction industry. It covers areas such as materials testing, construction inspection, and surveying. The certification is provided by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE).
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification: This certification is for concrete technicians and inspectors. It covers areas such as concrete testing, mixing, and placement. The certification is provided by the American Concrete Institute (ACI).
- National Highway Institute (NHI) Certification: This certification is for professionals in the highway construction industry. It covers areas such as construction inspection, materials testing, and safety. The certification is provided by the National Highway Institute (NHI).
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certification: This certification is for professionals in the traffic engineering industry. It covers areas such as traffic signal design, traffic flow analysis, and safety. The certification is provided by the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE).
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 237310-02 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry has a long history of providing essential services to communities worldwide. The earliest recorded highway construction dates back to ancient Egypt, where roads were built to connect cities and facilitate trade. In the United States, the first paved road was built in 1893 in Bellefontaine, Ohio. The industry has since grown and evolved, with notable advancements such as the introduction of asphalt as a paving material in the early 20th century and the development of the interstate highway system in the 1950s. In recent years, the industry has seen a focus on sustainability and the use of recycled materials in construction projects. In the United States, the Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry has faced challenges in recent history, such as the 2008 recession and the subsequent decrease in government funding for infrastructure projects. However, the industry has also seen growth and innovation, with the use of technology to improve project efficiency and safety. For example, the use of drones for surveying and mapping has become increasingly common in the industry. Additionally, there has been a focus on improving sustainability and reducing the environmental impact of construction projects through the use of green infrastructure and sustainable materials. Overall, the Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry has a rich history and continues to play a vital role in the development and maintenance of infrastructure worldwide.
Future Outlook for Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 237310-02 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for infrastructure development and maintenance. The government's focus on improving the country's transportation infrastructure, including highways, bridges, and parking facilities, is expected to drive the growth of this industry. Additionally, the increasing need for sustainable and eco-friendly infrastructure is expected to create new opportunities for the industry. The industry is also expected to benefit from the adoption of new technologies and innovations, such as the use of drones for surveying and inspection, and the use of 3D printing for construction. Overall, the Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry is expected to experience steady growth in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 237310-02
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Highways: Smart highways are equipped with sensors and other technologies that can monitor traffic flow, detect accidents, and provide real-time information to drivers. This technology is being used in several states across the US, including California, Colorado, and Michigan, to improve safety and reduce congestion on highways.
- Self-Healing Concrete: Self-healing concrete is a new technology that can repair cracks in concrete automatically. This technology is being developed by several companies in the US, including BASF and CEMEX, and has the potential to reduce maintenance costs and increase the lifespan of concrete structures.
- Solar Roadways: Solar roadways are roads that are made of solar panels, which can generate electricity and provide lighting for the road. This technology is being developed by several companies in the US, including Solar Roadways and Colas, and has the potential to reduce energy costs and promote sustainability.
- Automated Construction Equipment: Automated construction equipment, such as autonomous bulldozers and excavators, are being developed by several companies in the US, including Caterpillar and Komatsu. This technology has the potential to increase efficiency and reduce labor costs in the construction industry.
- 3D Printing: 3D printing is being used in the construction industry to create complex structures and components. This technology is being developed by several companies in the US, including Contour Crafting and Winsun, and has the potential to reduce construction time and costs.
NAICS Code 237310-02 - Contractors-Parking/Highway Improvement
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.