NAICS Code 621491 HMO Medical Centers
IndustryHealth Care and Social Assistance
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments with physicians and other medical staff primarily engaged in providing a range of outpatient medical services to the health maintenance organization (HMO) subscribers with a focus generally on primary health care. These establishments are owned by the HMO. Included in this industry are HMO establishments that both provide health care services and underwrite health and medical insurance policies.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Health practitioners or health practitioner groups contracting to provide their services to subscribers of prepaid health plans are classified in Industry 62111, Offices of Physicians; Industry 621210, Offices ofDentists; and Industry Group 6213, Offices of Other Health Practitioners
- HMO establishments (except those providing health care services) primarily engaged in underwriting and administering health and medical insurance policies are classified in U.S. Industry 524114, Direct Healthand Medical Insurance Carriers.
- Group hospitalization plans providing health care services
- Health maintenance organization (HMO) medical centers and clinics
- HMO (health maintenance organization) medical centers and clinics