NAICS Code 611410 Business and Secretarial Schools
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in offering courses in office procedures and secretarial and stenographic skills and may offer courses in basic office skills, such as word processing. In addition, these establishments may offer such classes as office machine operation, reception, communications, and other skills designed for individuals pursuing a clerical or secretarial career. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the establishment's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through diverse means, such as correspondence, television, the Internet, or other electronic and distance-learning methods. The training provided by these establishments may include the use of simulators and simulation methods.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Offering computer training (except computer repair): classified in Industry 611420, Computer Training
- Offering academic degrees (e.g., baccalaureate, graduate level) in business education: classified in Industry 611310, Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools
- Offering training in the maintenance and repair of computers: classified in U.S. Industry 611519, Other Technical and Trade Schools.
- Business colleges or schools not offering academic degrees
- Business schools not offering academic degrees
- Clerical schools
- Court reporting schools
- Schools, business, not offering academic degrees
- Secretarial schools