NAICS Code 52412 Direct Insurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers
IndustryFinance and Insurance
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in initially underwriting (i.e., assuming the risk and assigning premiums) various types of insurance policies (except life, disability income, accidental death and dismemberment, and health and medical insurance policies).
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Establishments primarily engaged in reinsuring insurance policies are classified in Industry 52413, Reinsurance Carriers
- Legal entities (i.e., funds, plans, and/or programs) organized to provide insurance and employee benefits exclusively for the sponsor, firm, or its employees or members are classified in Industry Group 5251,Insurance and Employee Benefit Funds
- Establishments primarily engaged in initially underwriting annuities and life insurance policies, disability income insurance policies, accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies, and health and medicalinsurance policies are classified in Industry 52411, Direct Life, Health, and Medical Insurance Carriers.
- Title insurance carriers, real estate, direct
- Mortgage guaranty insurance carriers, direct
- Automobile insurance carriers, direct
- Warranty insurance carriers (e.g., appliance, automobile, homeowners, product), direct
- Property and casualty insurance carriers, direct
- Bank deposit insurance carriers, direct
Sample Business Listings