NAICS Code 322110 Pulp Mills
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing pulp without manufacturing paper or paperboard. The pulp is made by separating the cellulose fibers from the other impurities in wood or other materials, such as used or recycled rags, linters, scrap paper, and straw.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Manufacturing both pulp and paper: classified in Industry 32212, Paper Mills
- Manufacturing both pulp and paperboard: classified in Industry 322130, Paperboard Mills.
- Deinking plants
- Deinking recovered paper
- Groundwood pulp manufacturing
- Pulp manufacturing (i.e., chemical, mechanical, or semichemical processes) without making paper
- Pulp manufacturing (made from bagasse, linters, rags, straw, wastepaper, or wood) without making paper
- Pulp mills not making paper or paperboard
- Wood pulp manufacturing