SIC CODE 1222 - Bituminous Coal Underground Mining
Establishments primarily engaged in producing bituminous coal in underground mines or in developing bituminous coal underground mines. This industry includes underground mining by owners or lessees or by establishments which have complete responsibility for operating bituminous coal underground mines for others on a contract or fee basis. Bituminous coal preparation plants performing such activities as cleaning, crushing, screening or sizing are included if operated in conjunction with a mine.
SIC Code 1222 - Bituminous Coal Underground Mining is a final level code of the “Mining” Division. There are 14 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of N/A people.
Common types of examples within SIC Code 1222 - Bituminous Coal Underground Mining are:
- Coal mining, bituminous-underground
- Hard coal underground mining, except Pennsylvania anthracite
- Semianthracite mining-underground
- Semibituminous coal underground mining
- Subbituminous coal underground mining
Independent bituminous coal preparation plants are classified in Industry 1221.
Extended SIC Code Categories for SIC 1222
For business marketing and targeting, SIC Codes have been extended to provide more specific classifications within SIC Code 1222 – Bituminous Coal Underground Mining. Extended SIC Codes are being continuously updated to reflect the current business environment.
- 122298 Bituminous Coal-Underground Mining
- 1222001 Bituminous Coal-Underground Mining
- 1222002 Semianthracite Underground Mining
- 1222003 Semibituminous Underground Mining
- 1222004 Subbituminous Underground Mining
- 12220000 Bituminous Coal-Underground Mining
- 12229901 Underground Mining, Semianthracite
- 12229902 Underground Mining, Semibituminous
- 12229903 Underground Mining, Subbituminous