NAICS CODE 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems
Industry SectorTransportation and Warehousing
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating local and suburban commuter rail systems over regular routes and on a regular schedule within a metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas. Commuter rail is usually characterized by reduced fares, multiple ride, and commutation tickets and mostly used by passengers during the morning and evening peak periods.
NAICS Code 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems is a final level code of the “Transportation and Warehousing” Sector. There are 266 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 3,318 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems are:
- Commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Local passenger rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Rail transportation (except mixed mode), commuter
- Railway systems (except mixed mode), commuter
- Suburban commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Urban commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Operating local and suburban mass passenger transit systems using both commuter rail and another mode of transport: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 485111 - Mixed Mode Transit Systems.
- Operating a subway system: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 485119 - Other Urban Transit Systems.
- Providing scenic and sightseeing transportation on land: classified in NAICS Code - 487110 - Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land..