NAICS Code 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems
Industry SectorTransportation and Warehousing
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating local and suburban commuter rail systems over regular routes and on a regular schedule within a metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas. Commuter rail is usually characterized by reduced fares, multiple ride, and commutation tickets and mostly used by passengers during the morning and evening peak periods.
NAICS Code 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems is a final level code of the “Transportation and Warehousing” Sector. There are 351 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 3,607 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems are:
- Commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Local passenger rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Rail transportation (except mixed mode), commuter
- Railway systems (except mixed mode), commuter
- Suburban commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Urban commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
Example photo for industry NAICS 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Operating local and suburban mass passenger transit systems using both commuter rail and another mode of transport: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 485111 - Mixed Mode Transit Systems.
- Operating a subway system: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 485119 - Other Urban Transit Systems.
- Providing scenic and sightseeing transportation on land: classified in NAICS Code - 487110 - Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 485112 - Commuter Rail Systems ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Commuter Rail Systems to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Commuter Rail Systems with average annual receipts under 17 million USD may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 485112?
There are 351 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 485112?
In 2017 the total revenue for Commuter Rail Systems was $724,464,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 485112?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Commuter Rail Systems was $306,373,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 485112?
The number of reported paid employees is 3,607.