NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum
NAICS Code 331314 Description
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) recovering aluminum and aluminum alloys from scrap and/or dross (i.e., secondary smelting) and making billet or ingot (except by rolling) and/or (2) manufacturing alloys, powder, paste, or flake from purchased aluminum.
NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum is a final level code of the “Manufacturing” Sector.
SBA Size StandardMaximum 750 Employees
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 331314
Industry Examples of NAICS 331314
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum are:
- Alloying purchased aluminum metals
- Aluminum alloys made from scrap or dross
- Aluminum billet made from purchased aluminum
- Aluminum billet made in integrated secondary smelting and rolling mills
- Aluminum extrusion ingot (i.e., billet), secondary
- Aluminum flakes made from purchased aluminum
- Aluminum ingot made from purchased aluminum
- Aluminum ingot, secondary smelting of aluminum and manufacturing
- Aluminum ingot, secondary, manufacturing
- Aluminum recovering from scrap and making ingot and billet (except by rolling)
- Aluminum smelting, secondary, and making ingot and billet (except by rolling)
- Flakes, aluminum, made from purchased aluminum
- Metal powder and flake made from purchased aluminum
- Paste made from purchased aluminum
- Powder made from purchased aluminum
- Refining aluminum, secondary
Example photo for industry NAICS 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Refining alumina or making aluminum and/or aluminum alloys from alumina: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 331313 - Alumina Refining and Primary Aluminum Production.
- Manufacturing aluminum sheet, plate, and foil from purchased aluminum or by recovering aluminum from scrap and flat rolling or continuous casting: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 331315 - Aluminum Sheet, Plate,and Foil Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing aluminum extruded products or rolled ingot or billet from purchased aluminum or by recovering aluminum from scrap and extruding, rolling, or drawing: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 331318 - Other Aluminum Rolling, Drawing, and Extruding.
- Sorting and breaking up scrap metal without also smelting or refining: classified in NAICS Code - 423930 - Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesalers.
- Operating facilities where commingled recyclable materials, such as paper, plastics, used beverage cans, and metals, are sorted into distinct categories without also smelting or refining: classified in Industry562920, Materials Recovery Facilities.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)$29,624,263
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 331314 is $168,855,395. Canada, Korea, South, and Australia accounted for the top imports of Secondary Smelting & Alloying Of Aluminum in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $198,479,658. Mexico, Canada, and Brazil accounted for the top exports of Secondary Smelting & Alloying Of Aluminum in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA size standard for NAICS 331314?
Businesses up to 750 Employees in size are considered small businesses by SBA.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 331314?
In 2017 the total revenue for Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum was $5,991,638,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 331314?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum was $333,951,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 331314?
The number of reported paid employees is 5,716.