NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) recovering aluminum and aluminum alloys from scrap and/or dross (i.e., secondary smelting) and making billet or ingot (except by rolling) and/or (2) manufacturing alloys, powder, paste, or flake from purchased aluminum.
NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum is a final level code of the “Manufacturing” Sector.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum are:
- Alloying purchased aluminum metals
- Aluminum alloys made from scrap or dross
- Aluminum billet made from purchased aluminum
- Aluminum billet made in integrated secondary smelting and rolling mills
- Aluminum extrusion ingot (i.e., billet), secondary
- Aluminum flakes made from purchased aluminum
- Aluminum ingot made from purchased aluminum
- Aluminum ingot, secondary smelting of aluminum and manufacturing
- Aluminum ingot, secondary, manufacturing
- Aluminum recovering from scrap and making ingot and billet (except by rolling)
- Aluminum smelting, secondary, and making ingot and billet (except by rolling)
- Flakes, aluminum, made from purchased aluminum
- Metal powder and flake made from purchased aluminum
- Paste made from purchased aluminum
- Powder made from purchased aluminum
- Refining aluminum, secondary
Example photo for industry NAICS 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Refining alumina or making aluminum and/or aluminum alloys from alumina: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 331313 - Alumina Refining and Primary Aluminum Production.
- Manufacturing aluminum sheet, plate, and foil from purchased aluminum or by recovering aluminum from scrap and flat rolling or continuous casting: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 331315 - Aluminum Sheet, Plate,and Foil Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing aluminum extruded products or rolled ingot or billet from purchased aluminum or by recovering aluminum from scrap and extruding, rolling, or drawing: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 331318 - Other Aluminum Rolling, Drawing, and Extruding.
- Sorting and breaking up scrap metal without also smelting or refining: classified in NAICS Code - 423930 - Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesalers.
- Operating facilities where commingled recyclable materials, such as paper, plastics, used beverage cans, and metals, are sorted into distinct categories without also smelting or refining: classified in Industry562920, Materials Recovery Facilities.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 331314 - Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)$29,624,263
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 331314 is $168,855,395. Canada, Korea, South, and Australia accounted for the top imports of Secondary Smelting & Alloying Of Aluminum in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $198,479,658. Mexico, Canada, and Brazil accounted for the top exports of Secondary Smelting & Alloying Of Aluminum in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum with under 750 employees may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 331314?
In 2017 the total revenue for Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum was $5,991,638,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 331314?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Secondary Smelting and Alloying of Aluminum was $333,951,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 331314?
The number of reported paid employees is 5,716.