NAICS Code 312230-05 - Tobacco Products (Manufacturing)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 312230-05 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 312230-05
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Tobacco Products (Manufacturing) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Tobacco cutters
- Tobacco shredders
- Tobacco stemmers
- Tobacco dryers
- Tobacco humidifiers
- Tobacco flavoring machines
- Tobacco presses
- Tobacco packaging machines
- Tobacco filling machines
- Tobacco rolling machines
Industry Examples of Tobacco Products (Manufacturing)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 312230-05, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Chewing tobacco
- Pipe tobacco
- Hookah tobacco
- Moist snuff
- Plug tobacco
- Twist tobacco
- Nasal snuff
- Fine-cut tobacco
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 312230-05 - Tobacco Products (Manufacturing)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP): GMP is a set of guidelines that ensure that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. The FDA provides GMP certification for tobacco products manufacturing.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP): HACCP is a food safety management system that identifies and prevents hazards in the food production process. The USDA provides HACCP certification for tobacco products manufacturing.
- ISO 9001:2015: ISO 9001 is a quality management system that helps organizations ensure that their products and services meet customer needs and regulatory requirements. The International Organization for Standardization provides ISO 9001 certification for tobacco products manufacturing.
- ISO 14001:2015: ISO 14001 is an environmental management system that helps organizations minimize their environmental impact and comply with environmental regulations. The International Organization for Standardization provides ISO 14001 certification for tobacco products manufacturing.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certification: OSHA certification ensures that a company is compliant with OSHA regulations and provides a safe working environment for employees. OSHA provides certification for tobacco products manufacturing.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 312230-05 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The history of the Tobacco Products (Manufacturing) industry dates back to the 16th century when tobacco was first introduced to Europe. The industry has since undergone significant changes, with the introduction of new technologies and manufacturing processes. In the 19th century, the invention of the cigarette-making machine revolutionized the industry, making it possible to produce cigarettes on a large scale. In the 20th century, the industry faced several challenges, including health concerns and government regulations. In recent years, the industry has seen a decline in demand for traditional tobacco products, such as cigarettes, due to health concerns and the rise of alternative products, such as e-cigarettes and vaping devices. In the United States, the Tobacco Products (Manufacturing) industry has a long and complex history. The industry played a significant role in the country's economy during the colonial period, with tobacco being one of the most important cash crops. In the 20th century, the industry faced several challenges, including health concerns and government regulations. In 1964, the Surgeon General's report linked smoking to lung cancer, leading to increased public awareness of the health risks associated with tobacco use. In recent years, the industry has faced declining demand for traditional tobacco products, such as cigarettes, due to health concerns and the rise of alternative products, such as e-cigarettes and vaping devices.
Future Outlook for Tobacco Products (Manufacturing)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 312230-05 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: ShrinkingThe tobacco products manufacturing industry in the USA is expected to face challenges in the coming years due to the increasing health concerns and regulations surrounding tobacco products. However, the industry is expected to continue to grow due to the demand for alternative tobacco products such as e-cigarettes and vaping products. The industry is also expected to focus on innovation and product development to cater to changing consumer preferences and regulations. Additionally, the industry is expected to face increased competition from foreign manufacturers, which may impact the industry's growth. Overall, the industry is expected to experience moderate growth in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 312230-05
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Tobacco Products (Manufacturing) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Heat-Not-Burn Tobacco Products: These products are designed to heat tobacco instead of burning it, which reduces the amount of harmful chemicals produced. This innovation has gained popularity in recent years due to its perceived health benefits.
- Flavored Tobacco Products: The industry has introduced a variety of flavored tobacco products to cater to changing consumer preferences. These products include menthol, fruit, and candy-flavored tobacco products.
- Reduced Nicotine Cigarettes: The industry has developed cigarettes with reduced nicotine content to help smokers quit smoking. These products are designed to reduce the addictive properties of cigarettes.
- E-Cigarettes and Vaping Products: The industry has introduced a variety of e-cigarettes and vaping products to cater to consumers who are looking for alternative tobacco products. These products are perceived to be less harmful than traditional tobacco products.
- Smokeless Tobacco Products: The industry has introduced a variety of smokeless tobacco products such as snus and chewing tobacco. These products are perceived to be less harmful than traditional tobacco products.
NAICS Code 312230-05 - Tobacco Products (Manufacturing)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.