NAICS Code 72251 Restaurants and Other Eating Places
IndustryAccommodation and Food Services
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one of the following: (1) providing food services to patrons who order and are served while seated (i.e., waiter/waitress service), and pay after eating; (2) providing food services to patrons who generally order or select items (e.g., at a counter, in a buffet line) and pay before eating; or (3) preparing and/or serving a specialty snack (e.g., ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies) and/or nonalcoholic beverages (e.g., coffee, juices, sodas) for consumption on or near the premises.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Preparing and serving alcoholic beverages and known as bars, taverns, or nightclubs: classified in Industry 72241, Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages)
- Preparing and serving snacks and nonalcoholic beverages from mobile vehicles: classified in Industry 72233, Mobile Food Services
- Presenting live theatrical productions and providing food and beverages for consumption on the premises: are classified in Industry 71111, Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters
- Retailing confectionery goods and nuts not packaged for immediate consumption: classified in Industry 44529, Other Specialty Food Stores
- Retailing baked goods (e.g., pretzels, doughnuts, cookies, and bagels) not baked on the premises and not for immediate consumption: classified in Industry 44529, Other Specialty Food Stores.