NAICS Code 54151 Computer Systems Design and Related Services
IndustryProfessional, Scientific, and Technical Services
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing expertise in the field of information technologies through one or more of the following activities: (1) writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer; (2) planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies; (3) on-site management and operation of clients' computer systems and/or data processing facilities; and (4) other professional and technical computer-related advice and services.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Selling computer hardware or software products from retail-like locations and providing supporting services, such as customized assembly of personal computers: classified in Industry 44314, Electronicsand Appliance Stores
- Merchant wholesaling computer hardware or software products and providing supporting services, such as customized assembly of personal computers: classified in Industry 42343, Computer and ComputerPeripheral Equipment and Software Merchant Wholesalers
- Publishing packaged software: classified in Industry 51121, Software Publishers
- Providing computer data processing services at their own facility for others: classified in Industry 51821, Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services.
- Computer facilities management services
- Software installation services
- Custom computer programming services
- Computer systems integration design services
- Computer hardware or software consulting services