NAICS Code 485112 Commuter Rail Systems
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating local and suburban commuter rail systems over regular routes and on a regular schedule within a metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas. Commuter rail is usually characterized by reduced fares, multiple ride, and commutation tickets and mostly used by passengers during the morning and evening peak periods.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Operating local and suburban mass passenger transit systems using both commuter rail and another mode of transport: classified in U.S. Industry 485111, Mixed Mode Transit Systems
- Operating a subway system: classified in U.S. Industry 485119, Other Urban Transit Systems
- Providing scenic and sightseeing transportation on land: classified in Industry 487110, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land.
- Commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Local passenger rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Rail transportation (except mixed mode), commuter
- Railway systems (except mixed mode), commuter
- Suburban commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)
- Urban commuter rail systems (except mixed mode)