NAICS Code 484122 General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing long-distance, general freight, less than truckload (LTL) trucking. LTL carriage is characterized as multiple shipments combined onto a single truck for multiple deliveries within a network. These establishments are generally characterized by the following network activities: local pickup, local sorting and terminal operations, line-haul, destination sorting and terminal operations, and local delivery.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Providing courier services: classified in Industry 492110, Couriers and Express Delivery Services
- Providing warehousing services of general freight: classified in Industry 493110, General Warehousing and Storage
- Providing specialized freight trucking: classified in Industry Group 4842, Specialized Freight Trucking
- Operating independent trucking terminals: classified in Industry 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation
- Providing general freight long-distance truckload trucking: classified in U.S. Industry 484121, General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload
- Providing local general freight trucking services: classified in Industry 484110, General Freight Trucking, Local.
- General freight trucking, long-distance, less-than-truckload (LTL)
- LTL (less-than-truckload) long-distance freight trucking
- Motor freight carrier, general, long-distance, less-than-truckload (LTL)
- Trucking, general freight, long-distance, less-than-truckload (LTL)