NAICS Code 482112 Short Line Railroads
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments known as short-line railroads primarily engaged in operating railroads for the transport of cargo over a short distance on local rail lines not part of a rail network.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Operating street railroads, commuter rail, and urban rapid transit systems: classified in Industry Group 4851, Urban Transit Systems
- Operating scenic and sightseeing trains: classified in Industry 487110, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land
- Operating switching and terminal facilities as separate establishments: classified in Industry 488210, Support Activities for Rail Transportation
- Operating railroads for the transport of passengers and/or cargo over a long distance: classified in U.S. Industry 482111, Line-Haul Railroads.
- Beltline railroads
- Freight railways, short-line or beltline
- Logging railroads
- Railroad transportation, short-line or beltline
- Railroads, short-line or beltline
- Railway transportation, short-line or beltline
- Short-line railroads