NAICS Code 211120 Crude Petroleum Extraction
IndustryMining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) the exploration, development and/or the production of petroleum from wells in which the hydrocarbons will initially flow or can be produced using normal or enhanced drilling and extraction techniques or (2) the production of crude petroleum from surface shales or tar sands or from reservoirs in which the hydrocarbons are semisolids. Establishments in this industry operate oil wells on their own account or for others on a contract or fee basis.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Performing oil field services for operators on a contract or fee basis: classified in Industry 21311, Support Activities for Mining
- Refining crude petroleum into refined petroleum and liquid hydrocarbons: classified in Industry 324110, Petroleum Refineries.
- Crude petroleum lease condensate production
- Oil field development for own account
- Oil field exploration for own account
- Removal of crude petroleum by field gathering lines, except on a contract basis
- Stripper oil well production