NAICS CODE 524130 - Reinsurance Carriers
Industry SectorFinance and Insurance
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in assuming all or part of the risk associated with existing insurance policies originally underwritten by other insurance carriers.
NAICS Code 524130 - Reinsurance Carriers is a final level code of the “Finance and Insurance” Sector. There are 403 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 13,268 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 524130 - Reinsurance Carriers are:
- Accidental and health reinsurance carriers
- Life reinsurance carriers
- Marine reinsurance carriers
- Medical reinsurance carriers
- Property and casualty reinsurance carriers
- Reinsurance carriers
- Initially underwriting annuities and life insurance policies, disability income insurance policies, accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies, and health and medical insurance policies: classified inNAICS Code - 52411 - Direct Life, Health, and Medical Insurance Carriers.
- Initially underwriting various types of insurance policies (except life, disability income, accidental death and dismemberment, and health and medical insurance policies): classified in NAICS Code - 52412 - DirectInsurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers..