NAICS Code 531130-03 - Warehouses-Self StorageMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 531130-03 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 531130-03
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Warehouses-Self Storage industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Storage unit locks
- Hand trucks
- Pallet jacks
- Moving blankets
- Box cutters
- Tape dispensers
- Shelving units
- Moving straps
Industry Examples of Warehouses-Self Storage
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 531130-03, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Climate-controlled storage units
- Drive-up storage units
- Boat and RV storage
- Business storage units
- Personal storage units
- Document storage
- Wine storage
- Military storage
- Student storage
- Vehicle storage
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 531130-03 - Warehouses-Self Storage
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Self Storage Association (SSA) Certified Self Storage Manager: This certification is designed for self-storage managers and covers topics such as customer service, sales, marketing, legal issues, and facility management. The certification is provided by the Self Storage Association (SSA), a non-profit organization that represents the self-storage industry in the US.
- National Portable Storage Association (NPSA) Certified Professional: This certification is designed for professionals in the portable storage industry and covers topics such as safety, customer service, and business operations. The certification is provided by the National Portable Storage Association (NPSA), a non-profit organization that represents the portable storage industry in the US.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certification: This certification is required for workers who handle hazardous materials or operate certain types of equipment. The certification is provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a federal agency that regulates workplace safety in the US.
- International Building Code (IBC) Certification: This certification is required for professionals who work in the construction industry and covers topics such as building codes, fire safety, and structural design. The certification is provided by the International Code Council (ICC), a non-profit organization that develops and publishes building codes in the US.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Certification: This certification is required for professionals who work in the fire protection industry and covers topics such as fire prevention, suppression, and investigation. The certification is provided by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), a non-profit organization that develops and publishes fire safety codes and standards in the US.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 531130-03 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Warehouses-Self Storage industry has a long history dating back to ancient times when people used to store their goods in underground caves. In the 19th century, the first modern self-storage facility was built in Texas, USA. The industry continued to grow in the 20th century, with the introduction of steel storage units and the development of climate-controlled storage facilities. In recent years, the industry has seen significant growth due to the rise of e-commerce and the need for additional storage space for personal and business use. In the United States, the industry has become a $38 billion market, with over 60,000 facilities across the country.
Future Outlook for Warehouses-Self Storage
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 531130-03 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingThe self-storage industry in the USA is expected to continue its growth trajectory in the coming years. The demand for self-storage units is driven by various factors such as urbanization, downsizing, and the rise of e-commerce. The industry is expected to benefit from the increasing trend of people moving to smaller homes and apartments, which creates a need for additional storage space. Additionally, the rise of e-commerce has led to an increase in demand for storage facilities to store goods before they are shipped to customers. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing use of technology to manage and optimize storage space. However, the industry may face challenges such as increased competition and regulatory issues. Overall, the self-storage industry is expected to continue its growth trend in the USA.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 531130-03
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Warehouses-Self Storage industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Storage: Self-storage facilities are increasingly using technology to optimize storage space and improve customer experience. For example, some facilities are using sensors and data analytics to monitor storage units and optimize their use. Others are using mobile apps to allow customers to manage their storage units remotely.
- Climate-Controlled Storage: Some self-storage facilities are offering climate-controlled storage units to protect sensitive items such as artwork, electronics, and documents from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Contactless Rentals: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many self-storage facilities are offering contactless rentals. Customers can rent storage units and make payments online without having to visit the facility in person.
- Green Storage: Some self-storage facilities are adopting eco-friendly practices such as using solar panels to generate electricity, using rainwater for irrigation, and using energy-efficient lighting.
- Expansion: Many self-storage companies are expanding their operations by acquiring existing facilities or building new ones. This allows them to increase their market share and meet the growing demand for storage space.
NAICS Code 531130-03 - Warehouses-Self Storage
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.