NAICS Code 531130-02 - Warehouses-Mini & Self StorageMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 531130-02 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 531130-02
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Storage unit locks
- Hand trucks
- Moving blankets
- Box cutters
- Tape dispensers
- Pallet jacks
- Shelving units
- Moving straps
Industry Examples of Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 531130-02, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Portable storage units
- Climate-controlled storage units
- Drive-up storage units
- Boat and RV storage
- Business inventory storage
- Document storage
- Wine storage
- Motorcycle storage
- Student storage
- Military storage
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 531130-02 - Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Self-Storage Association (SSA) Certified Self-Storage Manager: This certification is designed for self-storage managers and covers topics such as customer service, sales, marketing, legal issues, and facility maintenance. The certification is provided by the Self-Storage Association (SSA), a non-profit organization that represents the self-storage industry in the US.
- National Portable Storage Association (NPSA) Certified Professional: This certification is designed for professionals in the portable storage industry and covers topics such as safety, customer service, and business operations. The certification is provided by the National Portable Storage Association (NPSA), a non-profit organization that represents the portable storage industry in the US.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certification: This certification is required for workers who handle hazardous materials or operate heavy machinery. The certification is provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a federal agency that regulates workplace safety in the US.
- International Building Code (IBC) Certification: This certification is required for professionals who design, construct, or inspect buildings. The certification is provided by the International Code Council (ICC), a non-profit organization that develops building codes and standards in the US.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Certification: This certification is required for professionals who design, install, or maintain fire protection systems. The certification is provided by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), a non-profit organization that develops fire safety codes and standards in the US.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 531130-02 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage industry has a long history dating back to ancient times when people used to store their goods in underground caves. In the 19th century, the industry started to take shape in the United States with the construction of the first self-storage facility in Texas in the 1960s. The industry continued to grow in the 1970s and 1980s, with the development of more sophisticated storage facilities and the introduction of computerized inventory systems. In recent years, the industry has seen a surge in demand due to the rise of e-commerce and the need for additional storage space for personal and business use. For example, in 2020, the demand for self-storage units increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as people needed extra space to store their belongings while working from home.
Future Outlook for Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 531130-02 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingThe future outlook for the Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to continue growing due to the increasing demand for storage space from both residential and commercial customers. The rise of e-commerce and the need for businesses to store inventory is also expected to contribute to the growth of the industry. Additionally, the industry is expected to benefit from the trend towards urbanization, as people living in cities often have limited space and need to store their belongings elsewhere. However, the industry may face challenges such as increased competition and rising real estate prices. Overall, the Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage industry is expected to continue growing in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 531130-02
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Storage: Some companies are using technology to make storage more efficient and convenient. For example, some storage facilities now offer mobile apps that allow customers to reserve units, pay bills, and access their belongings remotely.
- Climate-Controlled Storage: Many storage facilities now offer climate-controlled units that can protect sensitive items such as electronics, artwork, and furniture from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Green Storage: Some storage facilities are adopting eco-friendly practices such as using solar power, recycling materials, and using energy-efficient lighting.
- Contactless Rentals: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many storage facilities have implemented contactless rentals, allowing customers to rent units and access their belongings without having to interact with staff.
- Expansion: Some companies are expanding their operations by acquiring existing storage facilities or building new ones in underserved areas. This allows them to increase their market share and reach new customers.
NAICS Code 531130-02 - Warehouses-Mini & Self Storage
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.