NAICS Code 524114-09 - Preferred Provider OrganizationsMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 524114-09 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 524114-09
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Preferred Provider Organizations industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Provider network management software
- Claims processing software
- Electronic health record (EHR) systems
- Patient engagement tools
- Utilization management software
- Provider credentialing software
- Health risk assessment tools
- Quality management software
- Telehealth platforms
- Data analytics tools
Industry Examples of Preferred Provider Organizations
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 524114-09, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Healthcare insurance providers
- Employee benefits companies
- Third-party administrators (TPAs)
- Healthcare consulting firms
- Managed care organizations (MCOs)
- Health savings account (HSA) providers
- Pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs)
- Healthcare technology companies
- Healthcare analytics firms
- Healthcare marketing agencies
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 524114-09 - Preferred Provider Organizations
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- URAC Accreditation: URAC is an independent, nonprofit organization that promotes healthcare quality through its accreditation, education, and measurement programs. Preferred Provider Organizations can obtain URAC accreditation to demonstrate their commitment to quality and accountability. (Source:)
- NCQA Accreditation: The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is a nonprofit organization that accredits and certifies a wide range of healthcare organizations. Preferred Provider Organizations can obtain NCQA accreditation to demonstrate their commitment to quality and patient-centered care. (Source:)
- HIPAA Compliance: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) sets national standards for protecting the privacy and security of individuals' health information. Preferred Provider Organizations must comply with HIPAA regulations to protect the privacy and security of their members' health information. (Source: )
- Affordable Care Act Compliance: The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a federal law that regulates health insurance and healthcare in the United States. Preferred Provider Organizations must comply with ACA regulations, including providing essential health benefits and meeting minimum coverage requirements. (Source:)
- State Insurance Department Licensing: Preferred Provider Organizations must be licensed by the state insurance department in each state where they operate. Licensing requirements vary by state but typically include financial solvency, network adequacy, and consumer protection. (Source: )
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 524114-09 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) industry has a long history dating back to the early 1920s when the first Blue Cross plans were established. These plans were designed to provide affordable healthcare to individuals and families. In the 1970s, the PPO industry began to take shape, and by the 1980s, PPOs had become a popular alternative to traditional health insurance plans. In recent years, the PPO industry has seen significant growth due to the increasing demand for affordable healthcare options. The Affordable Care Act of 2010 also played a significant role in the growth of the PPO industry by expanding access to healthcare for millions of Americans. Today, PPOs are a popular choice for employers and individuals looking for flexible and affordable healthcare options.
Future Outlook for Preferred Provider Organizations
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 524114-09 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) industry in the USA is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for healthcare services. The industry is expected to benefit from the aging population, which will require more medical services. Additionally, the industry is expected to benefit from the increasing number of people with health insurance coverage. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing use of technology in healthcare, which will improve the efficiency of healthcare services. However, the industry is expected to face challenges such as rising healthcare costs, increasing competition, and regulatory changes. Overall, the PPOs industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for healthcare services.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 524114-09
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Preferred Provider Organizations industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Telemedicine: PPOs have started to offer telemedicine services to their members, which allows them to consult with healthcare providers remotely. This has improved access to healthcare services, especially for people living in rural areas.
- Health and Wellness Programs: PPOs have started to offer health and wellness programs to their members, which help them to maintain a healthy lifestyle. These programs include fitness classes, nutrition counseling, and stress management.
- Electronic Health Records: PPOs have started to use electronic health records (EHRs) to store and manage patient information. This has improved the efficiency of healthcare services and has reduced the risk of errors.
- Value-Based Care: PPOs have started to shift towards value-based care, which focuses on improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs. This has led to the development of new payment models, such as pay-for-performance and bundled payments.
- Artificial Intelligence: PPOs have started to use artificial intelligence (AI) to improve healthcare services. AI can be used to analyze patient data, identify patterns, and make predictions. This can help healthcare providers to make more informed decisions and improve patient outcomes.
NAICS Code 524114-09 - Preferred Provider Organizations
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.