NAICS Code 424910-30 - Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 424910-30 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 424910-30
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Seed drills
- Seed spreaders
- Seedling trays
- Soil moisture meters
- Soil pH testers
- Irrigation systems
- Harvesting machines
- Grain dryers
- Grain elevators
- Grain storage bins
- Crop rotation planners
- Pest control equipment
- Fertilizer spreaders
- Soil aerators
- Harvesting knives
Industry Examples of Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 424910-30, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Corn seeds
- Wheat seeds
- Soybean seeds
- Tomato seeds
- Pepper seeds
- Cucumber seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Watermelon seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Carrot seeds
- Beet seeds
- Onion seeds
- Garlic seeds
- Lettuce seeds
- Spinach seeds
- Broccoli seeds
- Cauliflower seeds
- Cabbage seeds
- Radish seeds
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 424910-30 - Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Non-GMO Project Verified: This certification ensures that the seeds are not genetically modified. The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization that provides this certification.
- Organic Certification: This certification ensures that the seeds are grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or other harmful chemicals. The USDA provides this certification.
- Seed Testing: Seed testing is required to ensure that the seeds meet certain standards for purity, germination, and other factors. The Association of Official Seed Analysts provides this testing.
- Phytosanitary Certificate: This certificate is required for the export of seeds to other countries and ensures that the seeds are free from pests and diseases. The USDA provides this certification.
- Seed Certification: Seed certification ensures that the seeds meet certain standards for purity, germination, and other factors. The USDA provides this certification.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 424910-30 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The "Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale)" industry has a long history dating back to the early days of agriculture. The first recorded use of seeds for crop production dates back to ancient civilizations such as the Sumerians and Egyptians. In the 19th century, the development of hybrid seeds revolutionized the industry, leading to increased crop yields and better quality crops. In the United States, the industry has seen significant growth in recent years due to the increasing demand for organic and non-GMO seeds. Notable advancements in the industry include the development of genetically modified seeds, precision agriculture, and the use of drones for crop monitoring and management.
Future Outlook for Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 424910-30 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingThe future outlook for the Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for organic and non-GMO seeds. The growing trend of healthy eating and the increasing awareness of the benefits of organic food is driving the demand for organic seeds. Additionally, the increasing demand for biofuels is also expected to drive the growth of the industry. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing adoption of precision agriculture technologies, which will help farmers to optimize their crop yields and reduce their costs. However, the industry may face challenges due to the increasing competition from imports and the volatility of commodity prices.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 424910-30
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Seed Technology: Smart seed technology is a new innovation that allows farmers to optimize their crop yields by using seeds that are specifically designed for their soil and climate conditions. This technology uses sensors and data analytics to provide farmers with real-time information about their crops, allowing them to make informed decisions about planting, fertilizing, and harvesting.
- Non-GMO Seeds: Non-GMO seeds are becoming increasingly popular due to the growing demand for organic and natural foods. Non-GMO seeds are seeds that have not been genetically modified, and they are often used in organic farming. The demand for non-GMO seeds is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
- Precision Agriculture: Precision agriculture is a new technology that allows farmers to optimize their crop yields by using data analytics and sensors to monitor their crops. This technology can help farmers to reduce their costs and increase their yields by providing them with real-time information about their crops.
- Vertical Farming: Vertical farming is a new innovation that allows farmers to grow crops in a controlled environment, using artificial lighting and hydroponic systems. This technology can help farmers to grow crops year-round, regardless of the weather conditions, and it can also help to reduce water usage and increase crop yields.
- Seed Coatings: Seed coatings are a new innovation that allows farmers to protect their crops from pests and diseases. Seed coatings are applied to the seeds before planting, and they can help to improve the germination rate and protect the seedlings from pests and diseases.
NAICS Code 424910-30 - Seeds Crop Production (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.