NAICS Code 424910-29 - Straw Goods (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 424910-29 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 424910-29
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Straw Goods (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Straw weaving machines
- Straw cutting machines
- Straw braiding machines
- Straw sewing machines
- Straw pressing machines
- Straw dyeing equipment
- Packaging machines for straw products
- Labeling machines for straw products
- Quality control equipment for straw products
- Inventory management software
Industry Examples of Straw Goods (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 424910-29, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Straw hats
- Straw baskets
- Straw mats
- Straw bags
- Straw fans
- Straw ornaments
- Straw home decor
- Straw packaging materials
- Straw beach accessories
- Straw gardening supplies
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 424910-29 - Straw Goods (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Fair Trade Certification: This certification ensures that the products are ethically sourced and produced, and that the workers involved in the production process are treated fairly. The certification is provided by Fair Trade USA.
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS): This certification ensures that the products are made from organic fibers and that the production process meets environmental and social criteria. The certification is provided by the International Working Group on Global Organic Textile Standard.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certification: This certification ensures that the products are made from responsibly sourced wood and that the production process meets environmental and social criteria. The certification is provided by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Certification: This certification ensures that the products are made from responsibly sourced wood and that the production process meets environmental and social criteria. The certification is provided by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- USDA Organic Certification: This certification ensures that the products are made from organic materials and that the production process meets environmental and social criteria. The certification is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 424910-29 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The "Straw Goods (Wholesale)" industry has a long history dating back to ancient times when straw was used for various purposes such as weaving baskets, hats, and mats. In the 19th century, the industry experienced significant growth due to the increasing demand for straw hats, which were fashionable at the time. The industry continued to grow in the 20th century, with the development of new technologies and materials that allowed for the production of a wider range of straw goods. In recent years, the industry has faced challenges due to the increasing popularity of synthetic materials and the decline in demand for traditional straw products. However, there is still a niche market for high-quality, handmade straw goods, and the industry continues to adapt and evolve to meet changing consumer preferences. In the United States, the "Straw Goods (Wholesale)" industry has a more recent history, with the first straw hat factory opening in the early 1800s. The industry experienced significant growth in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with the development of new technologies and the increasing popularity of straw hats. However, the industry declined in the mid-20th century due to changing fashion trends and the increasing availability of synthetic materials. In recent years, there has been a resurgence of interest in traditional straw goods, particularly in the fashion industry, and the industry has adapted to meet this demand by offering a wider range of products and styles. Despite these challenges, the "Straw Goods (Wholesale)" industry remains an important part of the US economy, providing jobs and contributing to local communities.
Future Outlook for Straw Goods (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 424910-29 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Straw Goods (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for eco-friendly and sustainable products. The use of straw goods in various industries such as agriculture, construction, and packaging is also expected to drive the growth of the industry. Additionally, the rising popularity of straw goods in the fashion industry is expected to create new opportunities for the industry. However, the industry may face challenges such as the availability of raw materials and the competition from synthetic materials. Overall, the industry is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 424910-29
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Straw Goods (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Biodegradable Straws: With the increasing demand for eco-friendly products, many companies are now producing biodegradable straws made from straw or other natural materials.
- Straw-Based Packaging: Some companies are now using straw-based packaging as an alternative to plastic packaging. This not only reduces plastic waste but also provides a sustainable and biodegradable option.
- Straw-Based Building Materials: Straw bales are being used as a building material in some construction projects. This provides a sustainable and cost-effective alternative to traditional building materials.
- Straw-Based Textiles: Some fashion designers are now using straw-based textiles to create unique and sustainable clothing items.
- Straw-Based Furniture: Some furniture manufacturers are now using straw-based materials to create eco-friendly and sustainable furniture items.
NAICS Code 424910-29 - Straw Goods (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.