NAICS Code 424910-27 - Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 424910-27 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 424910-27
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Seed drills
- Seed spreaders
- Bulb planters
- Soil moisture meters
- PH meters
- Fertilizer spreaders
- Irrigation systems
- Pruning shears
- Garden hoes
- Garden rakes
- Garden trowels
- Garden gloves
- Garden hoses
- Garden sprayers
- Garden carts
- Garden stakes
- Plant labels
- Plant ties
- Plant supports
- Garden netting
Industry Examples of Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 424910-27, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Vegetable seeds
- Flower bulbs
- Grass seed
- Tree seeds
- Herb seeds
- Wildflower seeds
- Bulb flowers
- Garden seeds
- Landscaping bulbs
- Lawn seed
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 424910-27 - Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- USDA Organic Certification: This certification is required for businesses that want to sell organic products. It ensures that the products are grown and processed according to strict federal guidelines. The certification is provided by the USDA National Organic Program.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Certification: This certification is for businesses that want to ensure that their products are grown, harvested, and handled in a safe and sustainable manner. It is provided by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service.
- Seed Testing and Certification: This certification is required for businesses that want to sell seeds that are certified for purity, germination, and other quality factors. It is provided by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service.
- Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) Certification: This certification is required for businesses that want to import or export plants, plant products, or seeds. It ensures that the products meet all relevant regulations and standards. It is provided by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
- National Seed Health System (NSHS) Certification: This certification is required for businesses that want to sell seeds that are free from pests and diseases. It is provided by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 424910-27 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale) industry has a long history dating back to the 17th century when the Dutch East India Company began importing bulbs from Turkey and selling them in Europe. The industry continued to grow, and by the 19th century, the United States had become a major player in the global seed trade. In the early 20th century, advancements in hybridization and seed treatment led to increased yields and better crop quality. In recent years, the industry has seen a rise in demand for organic and non-GMO seeds, as well as an increase in online sales and direct-to-consumer marketing.
Future Outlook for Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 424910-27 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for organic and non-GMO seeds and bulbs. The growing trend of home gardening and urban farming is also expected to drive the demand for seeds and bulbs. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing popularity of plant-based diets and the growing demand for plant-based products. However, the industry may face challenges due to the increasing competition from online retailers and the rising cost of transportation and logistics. Overall, the industry is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 424910-27
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Smart Seed Technology: This technology uses sensors and data analytics to optimize seed planting and improve crop yields.
- Biodegradable Seed Packaging: This innovation reduces waste and is more environmentally friendly than traditional seed packaging.
- Non-GMO Seeds: The demand for non-GMO seeds is increasing due to the growing awareness of the potential health risks associated with genetically modified organisms.
- Organic Seeds: The demand for organic seeds is increasing due to the growing popularity of organic farming and the increasing demand for organic products.
- Seed Libraries: Seed libraries are community-based initiatives that allow people to borrow and exchange seeds for free. These initiatives promote biodiversity and help to preserve heirloom seed varieties.
NAICS Code 424910-27 - Seeds & Bulbs (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.