NAICS Code 424910-02 - Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 424910-02 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 424910-02
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Hay balers
- Bale wrappers
- Forage harvesters
- Bale accumulators
- Bale grinders
- Bale elevators
Industry Examples of Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 424910-02, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Alfalfa hay
- Alfalfa pellets
- Alfalfa cubes
- Alfalfa meal
- Alfalfa silage
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Alfalfa seeds
- Alfalfa extract
- Alfalfa tea
- Alfalfa oil
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 424910-02 - Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- USDA Organic Certification: This certification is required for any product that is labeled as organic. It ensures that the product has been produced and handled according to strict USDA organic standards. The certification is provided by the USDA National Organic Program.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Certification: This certification is a voluntary program that verifies that the farm is following food safety guidelines and best practices. It is provided by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certification: This certification is a food safety management system that identifies and controls potential hazards in the food production process. It is required by the FDA for seafood and juice processors and is also used in other food industries.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) Certification: This certification is a food safety management system that ensures that the food products meet high-quality standards. It is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is required by many retailers and food service providers.
- National Alfalfa & Forage Alliance (NAFA) Certification: This certification is a voluntary program that verifies that the alfalfa products meet certain quality standards. It is provided by the National Alfalfa & Forage Alliance.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 424910-02 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale) industry has a long history dating back to ancient times when it was used as a medicinal herb. In the 19th century, alfalfa was introduced to the United States and became a popular crop for livestock feed. The industry grew rapidly in the early 20th century, with the development of new harvesting and processing techniques. During World War II, alfalfa was used to feed troops and livestock, further boosting the industry. In recent years, the industry has faced challenges due to droughts and competition from other crops, but it remains an important part of the agricultural sector. In the United States, the Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale) industry has seen significant growth in recent years, driven by increasing demand for high-quality hay and other forage products. The industry has benefited from advances in technology, including new harvesting and processing techniques, as well as increased automation. In addition, the industry has seen increased investment in research and development, leading to the development of new varieties of alfalfa that are more resistant to pests and disease. Overall, the Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale) industry is an important part of the agricultural sector in the United States, providing essential feed products for livestock and other animals.
Future Outlook for Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 424910-02 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for alfalfa products in the livestock industry. The growing awareness of the benefits of alfalfa in animal feed and the increasing demand for organic and non-GMO products are also expected to drive the growth of the industry. Additionally, the increasing demand for alfalfa products in the biofuel industry is expected to create new opportunities for the industry. However, the industry may face challenges such as climate change, water scarcity, and competition from other forage crops. Overall, the industry is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 424910-02
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Development of new varieties of alfalfa with improved yield, quality, and resistance to pests and diseases.
- Adoption of precision agriculture technologies such as GPS-guided tractors, drones, and sensors to optimize irrigation, fertilization, and harvesting.
- Use of biotechnology to enhance the nutritional value and digestibility of alfalfa products.
- Expansion of export markets for alfalfa products, particularly to China, Japan, and the Middle East.
- Collaboration between industry players and research institutions to develop sustainable and innovative practices for alfalfa production and processing.
NAICS Code 424910-02 - Alfalfa & Alfalfa Products (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.