NAICS Code 423310-46 - Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 423310-46 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 423310-46
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Feller bunchers
- Log loaders
- Cant hooks
Industry Examples of Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 423310-46, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Timber harvesting
- Timberland management
- Pulp and paper mills
- Wood product manufacturing
- Furniture manufacturing
- Building materials distribution
- Landscaping and gardening supply stores
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 423310-46 - Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Certification: The SFI certification is a forest certification standard that ensures responsible forest management practices. It is a North American standard that is recognized by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). The certification is provided by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative organization.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certification: The FSC certification is a forest certification standard that ensures responsible forest management practices. It is an international standard that is recognized globally. The certification is provided by the Forest Stewardship Council organization.
- Chain Of Custody Certification: The Chain of Custody certification ensures that the wood products are tracked from the forest to the end consumer. It ensures that the wood products are from certified forests and are not mixed with non-certified wood. The certification is provided by various organizations such as SCS Global Services, Rainforest Alliance, and Bureau Veritas.
- Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP) Certification: The SBP certification is a certification standard that ensures responsible biomass production. It is a global standard that is recognized by the European Union. The certification is provided by the Sustainable Biomass Program organization.
- American Tree Farm System (ATFS) Certification: The ATFS certification is a forest certification standard that ensures responsible forest management practices. It is a North American standard that is recognized by the PEFC. The certification is provided by the American Forest Foundation.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 423310-46 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale) industry has a long and rich history worldwide. The use of timber dates back to ancient times, where it was used for building homes, ships, and furniture. In the 19th century, the industrial revolution led to the development of new technologies that allowed for more efficient logging and processing of timber. This led to an increase in demand for timber products, and the industry grew rapidly. In the United States, the industry saw significant growth in the early 20th century, with the rise of the housing industry and the demand for timber products. Today, the industry continues to evolve, with new technologies and sustainable practices being developed to ensure the long-term viability of the industry.
Future Outlook for Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 423310-46 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for wood products in various sectors such as construction, furniture, and packaging. The growing trend of sustainable and eco-friendly products is also expected to drive the demand for timber and timberland products. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing use of technology in the production and distribution of wood products. However, the industry may face challenges such as the availability of raw materials, environmental regulations, and competition from other materials such as plastic and metal.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 423310-46
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Use Of Drones for Forest Management: Drones are being used to monitor and manage forests, which helps in identifying areas that need attention and reducing the risk of forest fires.
- Development Of Cross-Laminated Timber: Cross-laminated timber is a new type of wood product that is stronger and more durable than traditional wood products. It is being used in the construction of tall buildings and other structures.
- Use Of Blockchain Technology for Supply Chain Management: Blockchain technology is being used to track the origin and movement of wood products, which helps in ensuring the sustainability and legality of the products.
- Adoption Of Sustainable Forestry Practices: Many companies in the industry are adopting sustainable forestry practices, which helps in preserving the environment and ensuring the long-term availability of raw materials.
- Use Of Automation In Sawmills: Automation is being used in sawmills to increase efficiency and reduce labor costs. This helps in producing wood products at a lower cost and with higher quality.
NAICS Code 423310-46 - Timber & Timberland Companies (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.