NAICS Code 238210-05 - Data Communications Systems-CablingMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 238210-05 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 238210-05
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Data Communications Systems-Cabling industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Cable testers
- Punch down tools
- Cable strippers
- Crimping tools
- Cable cutters
- Fish tape
- Label makers
- Cable ties
- Wire nuts
- Cable organizers
Industry Examples of Data Communications Systems-Cabling
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 238210-05, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Network cabling installation
- Fiber optic cabling installation
- Ethernet cabling installation
- Coaxial cabling installation
- Structured cabling installation
- Data center cabling installation
- Voice and data cabling installation
- Wireless access point cabling installation
- Security system cabling installation
- Audio and video cabling installation
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 238210-05 - Data Communications Systems-Cabling
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- BICSI Installer 2, Copper/fiber: This certification is provided by Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) and is required for professionals who install, terminate, and test copper and fiber optic cabling. The certification ensures that the professional has the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the job correctly.
- RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer): This certification is provided by BICSI and is required for professionals who design, integrate, and implement telecommunications systems and related infrastructure. The certification ensures that the professional has the necessary knowledge and skills to design and implement complex telecommunications systems.
- OSP (Outside Plant) Specialist: This certification is provided by BICSI and is required for professionals who design, install, and maintain outside plant telecommunications infrastructure. The certification ensures that the professional has the necessary knowledge and skills to design and implement complex outside plant systems.
- ETA Fiber Optic Installer (FOI): This certification is provided by Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) and is required for professionals who install, terminate, and test fiber optic cabling. The certification ensures that the professional has the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the job correctly.
- ETA Certified Network Systems Technician (CNST): This certification is provided by ETA and is required for professionals who install, configure, and maintain network systems. The certification ensures that the professional has the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the job correctly.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 238210-05 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Data Communications Systems-Cabling industry has a long history dating back to the early 19th century when the first telegraph cables were laid across the Atlantic Ocean. The industry has since evolved to include the installation of fiber optic cables, wireless networks, and other advanced communication systems. In the United States, the industry saw significant growth in the 1990s with the widespread adoption of the internet and the need for high-speed data transmission. The industry has continued to grow and evolve with the increasing demand for faster and more reliable communication systems, including the development of 5G networks and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Future Outlook for Data Communications Systems-Cabling
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 238210-05 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingThe future outlook for the Data Communications Systems-Cabling industry in the USA is positive. The increasing demand for high-speed internet and the growing adoption of cloud computing services are expected to drive the growth of this industry. The rise of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the need for smart homes and buildings are also expected to contribute to the growth of this industry. Additionally, the increasing demand for data centers and the need for efficient cabling systems are expected to create new opportunities for this industry. However, the industry may face challenges such as the shortage of skilled workers and the increasing competition from wireless technologies.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 238210-05
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Data Communications Systems-Cabling industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Fiber Optic Cabling: Fiber optic cabling is a recent innovation in the Data Communications Systems-Cabling industry. It provides faster data transfer rates and is more reliable than traditional copper cabling.
- Category 6A Cabling: Category 6A cabling is another recent innovation in the industry. It provides higher bandwidth and faster data transfer rates than previous versions of cabling.
- Power over Ethernet (Poe): PoE is a technology that allows electrical power to be transmitted over Ethernet cabling. This technology eliminates the need for separate power cables, making installations simpler and more cost-effective.
- Intelligent Patch Panels: Intelligent patch panels are a recent innovation that allows network administrators to remotely monitor and manage network connections. This technology can help to reduce downtime and improve network performance.
- Cable Management Systems: Cable management systems are designed to organize and protect cabling systems. They can help to reduce the risk of cable damage and improve the overall performance of the network.
NAICS Code 238210-05 - Data Communications Systems-Cabling
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.