NAICS Code 237310-11 - Paving MaterialsMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 237310-11 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 237310-11
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Paving Materials industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Asphalt paver
- Roller compactor
- Concrete mixer
- Trowel machine
- Concrete saw
- Plate compactor
- Vibratory screed
- Joint cutter
- Asphalt distributor
- Crack sealing machine
- Pothole patcher
- Dump truck
- Water truck
- Traffic control equipment
- Safety gear
Industry Examples of Paving Materials
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 237310-11, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Asphalt mixtures
- Concrete pavement
- Crushed stone
- Concrete blocks
- Retaining walls
- Drainage systems
- Road base materials
- Marking materials
- Traffic signs
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 237310-11 - Paving Materials
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- National Center for Asphalt Technology (NCAT) Certification: NCAT provides certification for asphalt mix designs, asphalt binder testing, and asphalt pavement testing. This certification is important for companies involved in the production and testing of asphalt paving materials.
- American Association Of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Accreditation: AASHTO provides accreditation for testing laboratories that perform testing on paving materials. This accreditation is important for companies that provide testing services for paving materials.
- National Institute for Certification In Engineering Technologies (NICET) Certification: NICET provides certification for technicians involved in the testing and inspection of paving materials. This certification is important for companies that employ technicians involved in the testing and inspection of paving materials.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certification: OSHA provides certification for companies that comply with safety regulations in the workplace. This certification is important for companies involved in the production and handling of paving materials.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification: The EPA provides certification for companies that comply with environmental regulations related to the production and handling of paving materials. This certification is important for companies involved in the production and handling of paving materials.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 237310-11 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The history of the Paving Materials industry dates back to ancient times when the Romans used stones to pave their roads. In the 19th century, the use of asphalt as a paving material became popular, and the first asphalt pavement was laid in Washington, D.C. in 1876. The industry continued to grow, and in the 20th century, concrete became a popular paving material. In recent years, the industry has seen advancements in technology, such as the use of recycled materials in asphalt and the development of new pavement designs to improve safety and durability. In the United States, the Paving Materials industry has a rich history. In the early 20th century, the use of concrete and asphalt became widespread, and the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 led to the construction of the Interstate Highway System. In the 1970s, the industry faced challenges due to the oil crisis, which led to a shift towards the use of recycled materials and the development of new pavement designs. In recent years, the industry has seen growth due to increased government funding for infrastructure projects and the development of new technologies to improve pavement performance and reduce environmental impact.
Future Outlook for Paving Materials
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 237310-11 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe paving materials industry in the USA is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for construction and infrastructure development. The industry is expected to benefit from the government's focus on infrastructure development and the increasing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly materials. The use of recycled materials in paving is expected to increase, which will reduce the environmental impact of the industry. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing use of technology in the manufacturing process, which will improve efficiency and reduce costs. However, the industry may face challenges due to the fluctuating prices of raw materials and the increasing competition from alternative materials. Overall, the future outlook for the paving materials industry in the USA is positive, with steady growth expected in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 237310-11
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Paving Materials industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Permeable Paving: Permeable paving is an innovative technology that allows water to pass through the pavement and into the ground, reducing the risk of flooding and improving water quality. This technology is becoming increasingly popular in urban areas where there is limited space for drainage systems.
- Warm Mix Asphalt: Warm mix asphalt is a technology that allows asphalt to be produced at lower temperatures, reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. This technology is becoming increasingly popular in the paving materials industry due to its environmental benefits.
- Recycled Materials: The use of recycled materials in paving is becoming increasingly popular due to its environmental benefits. Recycled materials such as reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) and recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) are being used in the production of new paving materials, reducing the need for virgin materials and reducing waste.
- Smart Pavement: Smart pavement is an innovative technology that uses sensors and other technologies to monitor the condition of the pavement in real-time. This technology can help to identify potential problems before they become serious, reducing maintenance costs and improving safety.
- High-Performance Concrete: High-performance concrete is an innovative material that is stronger and more durable than traditional concrete. This material is becoming increasingly popular in the paving materials industry due to its ability to withstand heavy traffic and extreme weather conditions.
NAICS Code 237310-11 - Paving Materials
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.