NAICS CODE 523140 - Commodity Contracts Brokerage
Industry SectorFinance and Insurance
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as agents (i.e., brokers) in buying or selling spot or future commodity contracts or options on a commission or transaction fee basis.
NAICS Code 523140 - Commodity Contracts Brokerage is a final level code of the “Finance and Insurance” Sector. There are 901 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 8,649 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 523140 - Commodity Contracts Brokerage are:
- Brokerages, commodity contracts
- Commodity contract pool operators
- Commodity contracts brokerages
- Commodity contracts brokers' offices
- Commodity contracts floor brokers
- Commodity contracts options brokerages
- Commodity futures brokerages
- Financial futures brokerages
- Foreign currency exchange brokering services
- Futures commodity contracts brokerages
- Futures commodity contracts brokers' offices
- Acting as principals in buying or selling spot or futures commodity contracts generally on a spread basis: are classified in NAICS Code - 523130 - Commodity Contracts Dealing.
- Buying and selling physical commodities for resale to other than the general public: classified in NAICS Code - 42 - Wholesale Trade..