NAICS CODE 512230 - Music Publishers
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acquiring and registering copyrights for musical compositions in accordance with law and promoting and authorizing the use of these compositions in recordings, radio, television, motion pictures, live performances, print, or other media. Establishments in this industry represent the interests of the songwriter or other owners of musical compositions to produce revenues from the use of such works, generally through licensing agreements. These establishments may own the copyright or act as administrator of the music copyrights on behalf of copyright owners. Publishers of music books and sheet music are included in this industry.
NAICS Code 512230 - Music Publishers is a final level code of the “Information” Sector. There are 630 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 5,161 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 512230 - Music Publishers are:
- Music book (i.e., bound sheet music) publishers
- Music book (i.e., bound sheet music) publishers and printing combined
- Music copyright authorizing use
- Music copyright buying and licensing
- Music publishers
- Music, sheet, publishers and printing combined
- Publishers, music
- Sheet music publishers
- Sheet music publishers and printing combined
- Song publishers
- Song publishers and printing combined