NAICS CODE 488310 - Port and Harbor Operations
Industry SectorTransportation and Warehousing
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating ports, harbors (including docking and pier facilities), or canals.
NAICS Code 488310 - Port and Harbor Operations is a final level code of the “Transportation and Warehousing” Sector. There are 990 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 8,003 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 488310 - Port and Harbor Operations are:
- Canal maintenance services (except dredging)
- Canal operation
- Docking facility operations
- Harbor maintenance services (except dredging)
- Harbor operation
- Lighthouse operation
- Maintenance services, waterfront terminal (except dredging)
- Port facility operation
- Seaway operation
- Waterfront terminal operation (e.g., docks, piers, wharves)
- Wharf operation
- Providing stevedoring and other marine cargo handling services: classified in NAICS Code - 488320 - Marine Cargo Handling.
- Providing navigational services to shipping: classified in NAICS Code - 488330 - Navigational Services to Shipping.
- Operating docking and/or storage facilities and commonly known as marinas: classified in NAICS Code - 713930 - Marinas..