NAICS CODE 485991 - Special Needs Transportation
Industry SectorTransportation and Warehousing
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing special needs transportation (except to and from school or work) to the infirm, elderly, or handicapped. These establishments may use specially equipped vehicles to provide passenger transportation.
NAICS Code 485991 - Special Needs Transportation is a final level code of the “Transportation and Warehousing” Sector. There are 412 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 71,589 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 485991 - Special Needs Transportation are:
- Handicapped passenger transportation services
- Paratransit transportation services
- Pet transportation services
- Senior citizens transportation services
- Special needs passenger transportation services
- Providing school or employee bus transportation for the infirm, elderly, or handicapped: classified in NAICS Code - 485410 - School and Employee Bus Transportation.
- Providing ambulance services for emergency and medical purposes: classified in NAICS Code - 621910 - Ambulance Services..