Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing industrial organic chemicals, not elsewhere classified.
Important products of this industry include:
(1) aliphatic and other acyclic organic chemicals, such as ethylene, butylene, and butadiene; acetic, chloroacetic, adipic, formic, oxalic, and tartaric acids and their metallic salts; chloral, formaldehyde, and methylamine
(2) solvents, such as amyl, butyl, and ethyl alcohols; methanol; amyl, butyl, and ethyl acetates; ethyl ether, ethylene glycol ether, and diethylene glycol ether; acetone, carbon disulfide and chlorinated solvents, such as carbon tetrachloride, perchloroethylene, and trichloroethylene
(3) polyhydric alcohols, such as ethylene glycol, sorbitol, pentaerythritol, synthetic glycerin
(4) synthetic perfume and flavoring materials, such as coumarin, methyl salicylate, saccharin, citral, citronellal, synthetic geraniol, ionone, terpineol, and synthetic vanillin
(5) rubber processing chemicals, such as accelerators and antioxidants, both cyclic and acyclic
(6) plasticizers, both cyclic and acyclic, such as esters of phosphoric acid, phthalic anhydride, adipic acid, lauric acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, and stearic acid
(7) synthetic tanning agents, such as naphthalene sulfonic acid condensates
(8) chemical warfare gases
(9) esters, amines, etc., of polyhydric alcohols and fatty and other acids.
Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing plastics materials and nonvulcanizable elastomers are classified in Industry 2821; those manufacturing synthetic rubber are classified in Industry 2822; those manufacturing essential oils are classified in Industry 2899; those manufacturing wood distillation products, naval stores and natural dyeing and tanning materials are classified in Industry 2861; those manufacturing manmade textile fibers are classified in Industry 2823 and Industry 2824; those manufacturing specialty cleaning, polishing, and sanitation preparations are classified in Industry 2842; those manufacturing paints are classified in Industry 2851; those manufacturing area are classified in Industry 2873; those manufacturing organic pigments are classified in Industry 2865; those manufacturing inorganic pigments are classified in Industry 2816 and those manufacturing aliphatics and aromatics as by-products of petroleum refining are classified in Industry 2911. Distilleries engaged in the manufacture of grain alcohol for beverage purposes are classified in Industry 2085.
Marketing List Overview