NAICS Code 926140 Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities
DescriptionThis industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the planning, administration, and coordination of agricultural programs for production, marketing, and utilization, including educational and promotional activities. Included in this industry are government establishments responsible for regulating and controlling the grading and inspection of food, plants, animals, and other agricultural products.
Cross ReferencesGovernment establishments primarily engaged in
- Administering programs for developing economic data about agricultural and trade in agricultural products are classified in Industry 926110, Administration of General Economic Programs
- Administering programs for the conservation of natural resources: classified in Industry Group 9241, Administration of Environmental Quality Programs
- Administering food stamp programs: classified in Industry 923130, Administration of Human Resource Programs (except Education, Public Health, and Veterans' Affairs Programs).
- Agricultural cooperative extension program administration
- Agricultural marketing services government
- Agricultural pest and weed regulation, government
- Agriculture fair boards administration
- Animal quarantine service, government
- Food inspection agencies
- Pest control programs, agriculture, government
- Regulation and inspection of agricultural products
- Weed control, agriculture, government