NAICS Code 722320 Caterers
IndustryAccommodation and Food Services
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing single event-based food services. These establishments generally have equipment and vehicles to transport meals and snacks to events and/or prepare food at an off-premise site. Banquet halls with catering staff are included in this industry. Examples of events catered by establishments in this industry are graduation parties, wedding receptions, business or retirement luncheons, and trade shows.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks for immediate consumption from motorized vehicles or nonmotorized carts: classified in Industry 722330, Mobile Food Services
- Providing food services at institutional, governmental, commercial, or industrial locations of others (e.g., airline contractors, industrial caterers) or providing food services based on contractual arrangements for aspecified period of time: classified in Industry 722310, Food Service Contractors
- Renting out facilities without providing catering staff: classified in Industry 531120, Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings (except Miniwarehouses).
- Banquet halls with catering staff
- Catering services, social