NAICS Code 62331 Continuing Care Retirement Communities and Assisted Living Facilities for the Elderly
IndustryHealth Care and Social Assistance
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing residential and personal care services for (1) the elderly and other persons who are unable to fully care for themselves and/or (2) the elderly and other persons who do not desire to live independently. The care typically includes room, board, supervision, and assistance in daily living, such as housekeeping services. In some instances these establishments provide skilled nursing care for residents in separate on-site facilities.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing inpatient nursing and rehabilitative services are classified in Industry 62311, Nursing Care Facilities (Skilled Nursing Facilities)
- Apartment or condominium complexes where people live independently in rented housing units are classified in Industry 53111, Lessors of Residential Buildings and Dwellings.
- Assisted living facilities
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Assisted living facilities for the elderly without nursing care
- Rest homes without nursing care