NAICS Code 611430 Professional and Management Development Training
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in offering an array of short duration courses and seminars for management and professional development. Training for career development may be provided directly to individuals or through employers' training programs; and courses may be customized or modified to meet the special needs of customers. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the establishment's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through diverse means, such as correspondence, television, the Internet, or other electronic and distance-learning methods. The training provided by these establishments may include the use of simulators and simulation methods.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Advising clients on human resource and training issues without providing the training: classified in U.S. Industry 541612, Human Resources Consulting Services
- Offering academic degrees (e.g., baccalaureate, graduate level): classified in Industry 611310, Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools.
- Continuing education seminars or conferences
- Management development training
- Professional development training
- Quality assurance training