NAICS Code 551111 Offices of Bank Holding Companies
IndustryManagement of Companies and Enterprises
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises legal entities known as bank holding companies primarily engaged in holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) companies and enterprises for the purpose of owning a controlling interest or influencing the management decisions of these firms. The holding companies in this industry do not administer, oversee, and manage other establishments of the company or enterprise whose securities they hold.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) a company or enterprise and administering, overseeing, and managing establishments of the company or enterprise whose securities they hold: classified in U.S. Industry 551114, Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices
- Holding the securities of depository banks and operating these entities: classified in Industry Group 5221, Depository Credit Intermediation.
- Bank holding companies (except managing)
- Bank holding company (except managing)
- Holding companies, bank (except managing)
- Offices of bank holding companies