NAICS Code 541420 Industrial Design Services
IndustryProfessional, Scientific, and Technical Services
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in creating and developing designs and specifications that optimize the use, value, and appearance of their products. These services can include the determination of the materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, and surface finishes of the product, taking into consideration human characteristics and needs, safety, market appeal, and efficiency in production, distribution, use, and maintenance. Establishments providing automobile or furniture industrial design services or industrial design consulting services are included in this industry.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Applying physical laws and principles of engineering in the design, development, and utilization of machines, materials, instruments, structures, processes, and systems: classified in Industry 541330,Engineering Services
- Designing clothing, shoes, or jewelry: classified in Industry 541490, Other Specialized Design Services.
- Automobile industrial design services
- Furniture design services
- Handtool industrial design services
- Industrial design consulting services
- Industrial design services
- Packaging industrial design services
- Tool industrial design services