NAICS Code 53241 Construction, Transportation, Mining, and Forestry Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing
IndustryReal Estate and Rental and Leasing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing one or more of the following without operators: heavy construction, off-highway transportation, mining, and forestry machinery and equipment. Establishments in this industry may rent or lease products, such as aircraft, railroad cars, steamships, tugboats, bulldozers, earthmoving equipment, well-drilling machinery and equipment, or cranes.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Renting or leasing automobiles or trucks without operators: classified in Industry Group 5321, Automotive Equipment Rental and Leasing
- Renting or leasing air, rail, highway, and water transportation equipment with operators: classified in Sector 48-49, Transportation and Warehousing, based on their primary activity
- Renting or leasing heavy construction equipment with operators: classified in Industry Group 2389, Other Specialty Trade Contractors
- Renting or leasing heavy equipment for mining with operators: classified in Industry 21311, Support Activities for Mining
- Renting or leasing heavy equipment for forestry with operators: classified in Industry 11531, Support Activities for Forestry
- Leasing heavy equipment in combination with providing loans to buyers of such equipment: classified in Sector 52, Finance and Insurance.