NAICS Code 524130 Reinsurance Carriers
IndustryFinance and Insurance
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in assuming all or part of the risk associated with existing insurance policies originally underwritten by other insurance carriers.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Initially underwriting annuities and life insurance policies, disability income insurance policies, accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies, and health and medical insurance policies: classified inIndustry 52411, Direct Life, Health, and Medical Insurance Carriers
- Initially underwriting various types of insurance policies (except life, disability income, accidental death and dismemberment, and health and medical insurance policies): classified in Industry 52412, DirectInsurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers.
- Accidental and health reinsurance carriers
- Life reinsurance carriers
- Marine reinsurance carriers
- Medical reinsurance carriers
- Property and casualty reinsurance carriers
- Reinsurance carriers