NAICS Code 515210 Cable and Other Subscription Programming
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating studios and facilities for the broadcasting of programs on a subscription or fee basis. The broadcast programming is typically narrowcast in nature (e.g., limited format, such as news, sports, education, or youth-oriented). These establishments produce programming in their own facilities or acquire programming from external sources. The programming material is usually delivered to a third party, such as cable systems or direct-to-home satellite systems, for transmission to viewers.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Producing taped television program material: classified in Industry 512110, Motion Picture and Video Production
- Producing and transmitting television programs to affiliated stations: classified in Industry 515120, Television Broadcasting
- Furnishing cable and other pay television services: classified in Industry 517110, Wired Telecommunications Carriers
- Retailing merchandise by electronic media, such as television: classified in Industry 45411, Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses.
- Cable broadcasting networks
- Cable television networks
- Networks, cable television
- Pay television networks
- Pay-per-view cable programming
- Satellite television networks
- Specialty television (e.g., music, sports, news) cable networks
- Subscription television networks
- Television subscription services