NAICS Code 493110 General Warehousing and Storage
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating merchandise warehousing and storage facilities. These establishments generally handle goods in containers, such as boxes, barrels, and/or drums, using equipment, such as forklifts, pallets, and racks. They are not specialized in handling bulk products of any particular type, size, or quantity of goods or products.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Renting or leasing space for self storage: classified in Industry 531130, Lessors of Miniwarehouses and Self-Storage Units
- Selling in combination with handling and/or distributing goods to other wholesale or retail establishments: are classified in Sector 42, Wholesale Trade.
- Bonded warehousing, general merchandise
- General warehousing and storage
- Private warehousing and storage, general merchandise
- Public warehousing and storage (except self-storage), general merchandise
- Warehousing (including foreign trade zones), general merchandise
- Warehousing and storage, general merchandise