NAICS Code 48599 Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing other transit and ground passenger transportation (except urban transit systems, interurban and rural bus transportation, taxi services, school and employee bus transportation, charter bus services, and limousine services (except shuttle services)). Shuttle services (except employee bus) and special needs transportation services are included in this industry. Shuttle services establishments generally travel within a metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas on regular routes, on regular schedules and provide services between hotels, airports, or other destination points. Special Needs Transportation establishments provide passenger transportation to the infirm, elderly, or handicapped. These establishments may use specially equipped vehicles to provide passenger transportation.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Providing school or employee bus transportation for the infirm, elderly, or handicapped: classified in Industry 48541, School and Employee Bus Transportation
- Providing ambulance services for emergency and medical purposes: classified in Industry 62191, Ambulance Services
- Operating urban transit systems: classified in Industry Group 4851, Urban Transit Systems
- Providing interurban and rural bus transportation: classified in Industry 48521, Interurban and Rural Bus Transportation
- Providing taxi services and/or limousine services (except shuttle services): classified in Industry Group 4853, Taxi and Limousine Service
- Providing buses for charter: classified in Industry 48551, Charter Bus Industry.
USA List Sample