NAICS Code 482111 Line-Haul Railroads
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments known as line-haul railroads primarily engaged in operating railroads for the transport of passengers and/or cargo over a long distance within a rail network. These establishments provide for the intercity movement of trains between the terminals and stations on main and branch lines of a linehaul rail network (except for local switching services).
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Operating switching and terminal facilities as separate establishments: classified in Industry 488210, Support Activities for Rail Transportation
- Operating railroads over a short distance on local rail lines: classified in U.S. Industry 482112, Short Line Railroads
- Operating commuter rail systems: classified in U.S. Industry 485112, Commuter Rail Systems.
- Freight railways, line-haul
- Passenger railways, line-haul
- Railroad transportation, line-haul
- Railroads, line-haul
- Railway transportation, line-haul