NAICS Code 452311 Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments known as warehouse clubs, superstores, or supercenters, primarily engaged in retailing a general line of groceries, including a significant amount and variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, and other perishable groceries, in combination with a general line of new merchandise, such as apparel, furniture, and appliances.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Retailing a general line of merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale: classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers
- Retailing a general line of food, known as supermarkets and grocery stores: classified in Industry 445110, Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores
- Retailing a general line of new merchandise, known as department stores -are classified in Industry 452210, Department Stores
- Retailing a general line of new merchandise, except department stores, warehouse clubs, superstores, and supercenters: classified in U.S. Industry 452319, All Other General Merchandise Stores
- Retailing used merchandise: classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
- Superstores (i.e., food and general merchandise)
- Warehouse clubs (i.e., food and general merchandise)