NAICS Code 445110 Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments generally known as supermarkets and grocery stores primarily engaged in retailing a general line of food, such as canned and frozen foods; fresh fruits and vegetables; and fresh and prepared meats, fish, and poultry. Included in this industry are delicatessen-type establishments primarily engaged in retailing a general line of food.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Retailing automotive fuels in combination with a convenience store or food mart: classified in Industry 447110, Gasoline Stations with Convenience Stores
- Retailing a limited line of goods, known as convenience stores or food marts (except those with fuel pumps): classified in Industry 445120, Convenience Stores
- Retailing frozen food and freezer meal plans via direct sales to residential customers: classified in Industry 454390, Other Direct Selling Establishments
- Providing food services in delicatessen-type establishments: classified in U.S. Industry 722513, Limited-Service Restaurants
- Retailing fresh meat in delicatessen-type establishments: classified in Industry 445210, Meat Markets.
- Commissaries, primarily groceries
- Delicatessens primarily retailing a range of grocery items and meats
- Food (i.e., groceries) stores
- Grocery stores