NAICS Code 33911 Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing medical equipment and supplies. Examples of products made by these establishments are surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, dental equipment and supplies, orthodontic goods, ophthalmic goods, dentures, and orthodontic appliances.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Manufacturing laboratory instruments, X-ray apparatus, electromedical apparatus (including electronic hearing aids), and thermometers (except medical): classified in Industry 33451, Navigational,Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Manufacturing molded glass lens blanks: classified in Industry 32721, Glass and Glass Product Manufacturing
- Manufacturing molded plastics lens blanks: classified in Industry 32619, Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
- Retailing and grinding prescription eyeglasses: classified in Industry 44613, Optical Goods Stores
- Manufacturing sporting goods helmets and protective equipment: classified in Industry 33992, Sporting and Athletic Goods Manufacturing
- Manufacturing general purpose hospital, laboratory and/or dental furniture (e.g., stools, tables, benches): are classified in Industry 33712, Household and Institutional Furniture Manufacturing
- Manufacturing laboratory scales and balances, laboratory furnaces and ovens, and/or laboratory centrifuges: classified in Industry 33399, All Other General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing
- Manufacturing laboratory distilling equipment: classified in Industry 33324, Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
- Manufacturing laboratory freezers: classified in Industry 33341, Ventilation, Heating, Air- Conditioning, and Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing.