NAICS Code 337212 Custom Architectural Woodwork and Millwork Manufacturing
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing custom designed interiors consisting of architectural woodwork and fixtures utilizing wood, wood products, and plastics laminates. All of the industry output is made to individual order on a job shop basis and requires skilled craftsmen as a labor input. A job might include custom manufacturing of display fixtures, gondolas, wall shelving units, entrance and window architectural detail, sales and reception counters, wall paneling, and matching furniture.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Manufacturing millwork on a factory basis: classified in U.S. Industry 321918, Other Millwork (including Flooring)
- Manufacturing wood office-type furniture on a stock or custom basis: classified in U.S. Industry 337211, Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing
- Manufacturing wood office-type furniture and store fixtures on a stock basis: classified in U.S. Industry 337215, Showcase, Partition, Shelving, and Locker Manufacturing.
- Architectural woodwork and fixtures (i.e., custom designed interiors) manufacturing
- Custom architectural millwork and fixtures, manufacturing on a job shop basis
- Custom design interiors (i.e., coordinated furniture, architectural woodwork, fixtures), manufacturing
- Millwork, custom architectural, manufacturing