NAICS Code 33661 Ship and Boat Building
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating shipyards or boat yards (i.e., ship or boat manufacturing facilities). Shipyards are fixed facilities with drydocks and fabrication equipment capable of building a ship, defined as watercraft typically suitable or intended for other than personal or recreational use. Boats are defined as watercraft typically suitable or intended for personal use. Activities of shipyards include the construction of ships, their repair, conversion and alteration, production of prefabricated ship and barge sections, and specialized services, such as ship scaling.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Manufacturing inflatable rubber swimming pool rafts and similar flotation devices: classified in Industry 32629, Other Rubber Product Manufacturing
- Manufacturing inflatable plastic swimming pool rafts and similar flotation devices: classified in Industry 32619, Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
- Fabricating structural assemblies or components for ships, or subcontractors engaged in ship painting, joinery, carpentry work, and electrical wiring installation: classified based on the production processused
- Ship repairs performed in floating drydocks: classified in Industry 48839, Other Support Activities for Water Transportation.
- Boat yards (i.e., boat manufacturing facilities)
- Rowboats manufacturing
- Passenger ship building
- Inflatable plastic boats, heavy-duty, manufacturing
- Cargo ship building
- Barge building
- Rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) manufacturing
- Inflatable rubber boats, heavy-duty, manufacturing
- Drilling and production platforms, floating, oil and gas, building